As the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario's (RNAO) Best Practice Guidelines Program, we are inviting you to submit an application to be considered for an expert panel member position for one of our guidelines. As a component of the guideline development process, we are committed to developing the expert panel with broad inclusion of persons with lived experience, nursing practice, administration, research and policy, education and members of the interprofessional team. The inclusion of persons with lived experience is reflective of RNAO’s vision to create guidelines that support health providers and the people they serve. The expert panel composition can include representatives within Canada and internationally.
The responsibilities of expert panel members include:
• Attending two in-person meetings located in Toronto and 4-5 virtual meetings;
• Participating in the development of research questions (including selection of interventions and outcomes) and purpose and scope;
• Reading preparatory materials sent by the RNAO Best Practice Guideline Development and Research Team;
• Participating in a consensus development process to finalize recommendations (i.e., anonymous voting process);
• Reviewing and providing feedback on various drafts of the guidelines throughout the development process;
• Providing feedback and voting on quality indicators to support evaluation of the guideline;
• Providing feedback on implementation tools as needed (e.g., health education fact sheet);
• Identifying appropriate stakeholders to review the draft guideline prior to publication; and
• Supporting dissemination (i.e., promoting guideline within organization and professional networks).
The expert panel will carry out this work over the estimated timeframe of approximately 18 months from the launch of the guideline.
Please complete the form below if you would like to be considered to participate in this guideline development process. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after submitting your application. We will be contacting selected applicants via email for a follow-up telephone interview. Final appointment to the expert panel is pending a completed conflict of interest form.