Thank you for your interest in attending the webinar titled "Trauma-Informed Care for Substance Use" taking place on November 8, 2016 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (EST). Please complete the registration form below and an email confirmation with connection details will be sent to the email address provided. If you do not receive this email, please contact Kyle Dieleman, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The impacts of trauma are broad and far-reaching and the connection between substance use, misuse and trauma has been well documented. This webinar will provide an overview of taking a trauma-informed approach to substance use treatment and provide nurses and other health care professionals with practical advice on incorporating this into their practice.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Explain why recognizing trauma is important
- Provide an overview of trauma-informed principles
- Discuss how nurses and other health care professionals can provide trauma-informed care.
- Julia Bloomenfeld MSW, RSW, Director of Clinical Services, The Jean Tweed Centre
- Rosanra Yoon MN, NP-Adult, Nurse Practitioner, The Jean Tweed Centre