The Leadership and Management for Nurses Program is open to all RPNs, RNs and NPs who meet the following requirements:
- Nurse manager or nurse leader in long-term care or an Ontario hospital (acute or community hospital, complex continuing care or rehabilitation). Preference will be given to nurse managers and leaders that are currently in a leadership role.
- Completed application form including the Leadership and Management Intentions and Learning Goals Section.
- Letter of support from direct supervisor recommending the candidate for the program, agreeing to provide two (2) full days of release time once a month for four (4) months from course commencement in September 2022 to its conclusion in December 2022 and agreeing to provide necessary support related to implementation of a work-related project and enable success as a nurse leader-manager.
The virtual Leadership and Management for Nurses Program is designed for nurse managerial leaders to enhance key knowledge and skills necessary for their success in enabling goal achievement, supporting shared decision making and creating healthy work environments and team functioning.
Program features include:
- plenary sessions with core leadership content presented by experts in the field,
- sector-specific sessions for application of leadership content facilitated by leaders from the sector utilizing stories, case studies and discussion, and
- sessions for small group discussion and application of content using a case study approach.
All participants will be able to gain guidance from a mentor as part of RNAO’s Mentorship Program or with a mentor of their choice.
|The eight-module program is offered over four (4) day-long sessions, one (1) per month from September to December 2022. The program is free and offered online on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET as follows:|
|Modules 1 and 2||September 14th|
|Modules 3 and 4||October 12th|
|Modules 5 and 6||November 9th|
|Modules 7 and 8||December 14th|
Terms and Conditions:
- All applications are subject to review.
- Submission of an application does NOT confirm registration or participation.
- Applicants MUST be employed at either a hospital or long-term care home and have a letter from their direct supervisor to provide release time and ongoing leader-manager role support, including approval of a workplace project to be a focus during the program.
- The format of the letter of support from your direct supervisor is outlined in the Letter of Support Template. This must be uploaded as part of the application.
- The application includes identifying a leadership issue in your workplace that involves your staff team, and will require utilizing knowledge gained in the program to demonstrate a leadership solution. You will focus on the project throughout the program, either individually or as part of a group. The project will be presented to other participants as part of Module eight.
- Only complete applications and letters of support received by the due date and time will be considered.
- Successful applicants MUST attend all eight modules of the Leadership and Management for Nurse Program
- Successful applicants MUST complete the pre- and post- workshop activities found in the Leadership and Management Program Workbook.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 11th, 2022 by 4 pm ET. Applications must be submitted online with a letter of support.
The application deadline applies to the online application AND the uploaded letter of support. Applicants will be notified regarding their application status by e-mail on Thursday, August 4, 2022.