PLEASE NOTE: Due to the size of the room, the registration is capped at 90.If you are having problems registering, it is because this form has received the maximum number of entries. Apologies for the inconvenience.
The Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) invites all students to attend a FREE one-day student workshop at Canadore College & Nipissing University.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
09:30 - 16:30 (Registration & breakfast from 09:00)
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks will be provided.
Canadore College & Nipissing University, Main Campus, 100 College Drive, North Bay, ON, P1B 8K9
During this workshop you will:
- Learn more about the Tobacco Intervention (TI) Initiative
- Learn how to provide Tobacco Intervention (TI) in line with current best practices
- Identify key recommendations from the RNAO Tobacco Intervention BPG Best Practice Guideline (BPG)
- Identify the role of a Best Practice Champion as a leader in knowledge exchange and transfer
- Understand and explain the health consequences of tobacco use, nicotine tolerance, dependence, and addiction
- Gain a better understanding of the social determinants of health and their impact on the provision of tobacco interventions
- Explore the principles of motivational interviewing and its use in providing intensive tobacco interventions
- Identify Nicotine Replacement Therapy products and pharmacological options
- Discuss the use of the RNAO Toolkit: Implementation of Best Practice Guidelines when integrating tobacco intervention best practices into organizational settings
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Hamilton-Martin firstname.lastname@example.org