The chronic disease management toolkit topic focusing on stroke provides access to evidence-based resources/tools. This interactive webinar will focus on how nurses, direct care staff, educators and leaders can use these resources/tools to meet the needs of residents, staff, and the long-term care home.
- Alda Tee, Regional Community and LTC Coordinator, Central East Stroke Network
- Amy Reid, RNAO LTC Best Practice Coordinator – North East
- Gwen Brown, Regional Stroke Community and Long-Term Care Coordinator, Stroke Network of Southeastern Ontario, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Session Objectives:As a result of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Navigate and discover resources in the Chronic Disease Management section of the LTC Best Practices Toolkit
- Utilize Chronic Disease Management toolkit resources in care planning, education and quality improvement in their organization
- Utilize stroke prevention strategies and monitor/manage care for residents who have experienced a stroke
- Develop comprehensive stroke care plans using evidence-based best practices
Who should attend?This webinar is intended for anyone working in a long-term care home to use tools to support learning about the care of residents in LTC with Stroke and the use the evidence-based resources to support their care. Direct care staff, educators, champions, or other practice leaders are encouraged to attend.