Thank you for your interest in attending the Sken:nen, Mino-Bimaadziwin: Understanding Wellness In Indigenous Wisdom Traditions For Caregivers Webinar on March 2, 2021 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. (EDT) (6:00-8:00 p.m. CDT)
This webinar is in partnership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN), Chiefs of Ontario (COO), the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) Shkaabe Makwa and the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association (CINA)
The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Share the importance of language and what your language says about being well
- Discuss how your culture helps maintain being well
- Discuss the vision of a healthy community/healthy peoples
- Discuss the importance of the caregiver role and how much they are appreciated and valued by communities.
Click here for the Webinar Program At-A-Glance:
- 7:00 – 7:20 p.m (EDT) (Plenary) - Introduction, welcome, land acknowledgement and traditional opening
- 7:20 – 8:20 p.m (EDT) (Concurrent session) – Guest speaker presentations
- 8:20 – 9:00 p.m (EDT) (Plenary) - Networking, discussion and traditional closing
During this webinar you will have the oppertunity to join one concurrent session and hear from one of our guest speakers: Theresa Redsky Fiddler (Elder), Ka’nahsohon Kevin Deer (Elder), Perry McLeod-Shabogesic (Elder), Mary Deleary (Elder) Please click here for the elder's full bios to help inform your decision before you select the concurrent session.