Health System Transformation & COVID-19
Topic: Cross Country Meeting: Mobilizing Collective Action for Long-Term Care Reform in Canada
This webinar will be moderated by The Globe and Mail columnist André Picard, the author of Neglected No More: The Urgent Need to Improve the Lives of Canada's Elders in the Wake of a Pandemic.
COVID-19 has swept through long-term care homes, taking the lives of more than 5,000 residents in Canada with most deaths happening in Ontario and Quebec. Thousands of families and loved ones are devastated with their loss. Others, including residents and staff, are exhausted, distressed and fearful of what is to come on this second wave.
- Nathan Stall, staff geriatrician at Sinai Health System;
- Doris Grinspun, RNAO CEO;
- Shirlee Sharkey, President and CEO of SE Health;
- Miranda Ferrier, President and co-founder of the Ontario Personal Support Workers Association and the Canadian Support Workers Association;
Linda Silas, President of the Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions; and
- Laura Tamblyn Watts, President and CEO of CanAge
All members are invited to attend including anyone across Canada who cares about seniors and wants to join forces to inspire our provincial, territorial and the federal governments to establish national standards for LTC and to take additional action to support people staying in their homes longer.