Webinar on Reporting Responsibilities and Whistle-Blowing Protection Video
Woodingford Lodge, together with the RNAO LTC Best Practices Program, created a video depicting interaction of a management team attending a morning meeting. It is subsequent to the five videos developed by Parkview Manor Health Care Centre, illustrating interactions between staff and residents in long-term care.
- an introduction and purpose of the video
- an overview of the facilitator’s guide
- accessible links of the video and facilitator’s guide
This webinar is intended for long-term care leaders and staff to open up dialogue with staff members on what is considered abuse and neglect, what the policies and laws are on this matter, and procedures to follow.
- Utilize the facilitator’s guide to support education of staff
- Clarify expectations of reporting suspected abuse and neglect
- Review whistle-blower protection
- Moral, ethical, professional and legal responsibilities for reporting suspected abuse and neglect
Suman Iqbal, Senior Manager, and Sue Sweeney, LTC Best Practice Coordinator, South West LTCHs, LTC Best Practices Program, RNAO
Judy Esseltine, Project Nurse, LTC-BPSO Liaison and Jennifer Hall, Staff Development Coordinator, Woodingford Lodge
The webinar is offered free of charge, registration is required to participate in a session. For more information, please contact Citlali Singh at csingh@RNAO.ca.
This work is part of the RNAO LTC-BPSO Designation program, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. For more information, please visit http://rnao.ca/bpg/bpso/ltc.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.