Best Practice Champions for Long-Term Care
About this Event:
This workshop introduces participants to RNAO’s Best Practice Guidelines (BPG) and evidence-based practice, along with a model to implement practice change.
Throughout the workshop, participants utilize RNAO’s Toolkit: Implementation of Clinical Practice Guidelines, learning how to conduct a needs assessment and gap analysis in order to identify the practice change to be implemented, engage stakeholders, assess their organization’s readiness and develop a plan for implementing best practice recommendations in their work setting.
Benefits of attending the Best Practice Champions® workshop:
- Develop skills in effective evidence-based strategies to implement RNAO BPGs
- Opportunity to work with the RNAO Long-Term Care Best Practice Co-ordinators in planning and evaluating BPG implementation
- Membership in the Champions support network for ongoing consultation and resources through web-services and newsletter
You will benefit from the workshop if you are a:
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Allied Health Professional
- Personal Support Worker*
- Activation/Restorative Care Worker*
*Note: Personal Support Workers and other unregulated care providers will be considered only when attending with a Registered Nurse or a Registered Practical Nurse from their LTC home.
Free. Includes workshop materials, networking opportunities and light breakfast and lunch. Participants who must travel to attend the workshop may be eligible to receive reimbursement for travel expenses.
To register for this event, please go to https://myrnao.ca/RNAO-LTC-Champions-2014Sept23. Last day to register is Friday, September 5, 2014.