The purpose of a Best Practice Champions Open House is to promote the networking and collaboration of Champions within and across organizations and regions. Open Houses may take many different formats including in-person and virtual events; however all events must showcase Best Practice Champion projects and provide opportunities to share knowledge and lessons learned on BPG implementation, evaluation and/or sustainability.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RNAO discourages in-person gatherings for open house events and encourages creative virtual options. Please ensure all Government of Ontario and local Public Health directives are followed.
Eligibility and Deadline
All individuals who have completed the Best Practice Champions training (in-person workshop, virtual learning series, virtual workshop or eLearn course), and who have obtained the support of their organization, may apply for funding. Champions may submit an application once per fiscal year (April-March) on behalf of their organization for funding of up to $1000.00 CAD. This may be used to fund one or more Open House events. Although applications will be accepted throughout the year, funding is granted on a first come, first served basis. Please note: Applications must be submitted a minimum of four (4) weeks in advance of the proposed Open House event.
Please complete the application below.
Only pre-approved applications will be eligible for financial support. Should no financial support be required, Champions are encouraged to hold such Open Houses for sharing and learning from each other. Please contact RNAO to obtain free promotional materials, or for assistance in promoting the event to Champions in your region.
Following the event, the host Champion(s) are required to submit an Open House event report and conduct a 20-25 minute presentation during a Best Practice Champion Information Sharing Webinar.
The Open House Event report should include the following:
- Brief analysis of participants (numbers, roles, organizations)
- Overall impression of the event
- Evidence of success (i.e. networking outcomes, spin-off activities)
- Summary of feedback from participants
- Updated budget and receipts
- A proposed topic and date to present at a Best Practice Champions Information Sharing Webinar (20-25 minute presentation and participation in 10-15 minute discussion with the attendees) focusing on your experiences with best practice guideline implementation, evaluation and/or sustainability. Previous Information Sharing webinars can be viewed at https://rnao.ca/bpg/get involved/champions/webinars