Thank you for your interest in attending the webinar titled: Strengthening Your Voice: A Training Program for Publicly Sharing Stories of Lived Experience with Prescription Pain Medication taking place on March 23, 2016 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT. Please complete the registration form below and an email confirmation with connection details will be sent to the email address provided. If you do not receive this email, please contact Kyle Dieleman, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduce the Strengthening Your Voice training program for people with lived experience of prescription opioid problems
- Describe the impact that sharing stories publicly has on people’s personal well-being
- Describe the impact of hearing stories of lived experience on stigma reduction and reduction of negative attitudes towards people with problematic opioid use or those who are receiving opioid dependence therapy
- Discuss the importance of sharing lived-experience stories as a form of system-level evidence
- Susan Eckerle Curwood, Knowledge Broker, Opioid Resource Hub, Provincial System Support Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Betty-Lou Kristy, Provincial System Level Lived Experience and Family Advocate, Educator & Speaker, Peer Support Substance Use Systems Lead & Consumer Survivor (CSI) Lead
- Michael Stroh, Mental Health Advocate & Strengthening Your Voice Graduate