Comfort care rounding to improve resident outcomes in long-term care homes
The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre (PRVHC) has been working towards achieving the designation of a Long-Term Care Best Practice Spotlight Organization® (LTC-BPSO) since 2016, in partnership with Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO). As part of the their pre-designation work, they identified that preventing falls in their home was a priority and aligned with their vision of providing evidence-based care to the residents.
Presentation will focus on:
- Completing a gap analysis
- Conducting a review of the recommendations in the RNAOs Prevention of Falls and Fall Injuries in the Older Adult best practice guideline (BPG)
- Introduction of comfort care rounding to strengthen the overall structure of rounding to improve resident outcomes
- Implementation of comfort care rounding in the LTC home
- Frequency and eight specific steps of comfort care rounding
- Impact of the intervention
This webinar is intended for long-term care leaders looking to implement comfort care rounding in their homes.
During this course, participants will learn:
- Understand the “burning ambition” for a new, structured approach to resident care
- Learn the fundamentals of Comfort Care Rounding and its application to long-term care
- Identify strategies for successful implementation and sustainability
- Review of outcome and impact to resident care and staff
Webinar series is offered free of charge, registration is required to participate in a session. For more information please contact Citlali Singh at csingh@RNAO.ca
Date: Thursday May 31, 2018 @ 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm EDT
Facilitators: Suman Iqbal, Senior Manager, and Stephanie Kim, LTC Best Practice Coordinator, Champlain LTC Homes, LTC Best Practices Program, RNAO.
Presenter: Jennifer Plant, Director of Clinical Practice, The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre
This work is part of the RNAO LTC-BPSO Designation program, funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. For more information, please visit http://rnao.ca/bpg/bpso/ltc.