Many nurses across the Province of Ontario find themselves having to respond to an investigation by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). Even if a nurse does not actually engage in any wrongdoing, they could still become the subject matter of an investigation.
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Time: 5:30-7:OO pm EST
Presenters: Jane Letton, Lawyer, Ryder Wright Blair & Holmes LLP
During this presentation, participants will learn about:
- The investigation process at the CNO
- The statutory framework for the investigatory power of the CNO
- The types of professional misconduct which could be investigated
- The nursing standards which nurses are expected to meet
- The legal rights which all nurses have in dealing with an investigation
- Potential outcomes of an investigation
Participation in this webcast requires a computer equipped with speakers and an internet connection. Details on how to access a webcast will be sent to your email 48 hour prior to the webcast date.
Please note this webcast will not be archived. If you have any questions, please contact Carrie Edwards.